Voting rights are under attack nationwide. Through voter suppression laws and tactics that put certain voters at a disadvantage, the rich and powerful remain in office. These tactics violate our constitutional right to choose our own representatives. If we are going to succeed as a democracy and have a fighting chance to address all the issues above, we need to level the playing field by protecting our voters.
We are fighting to:
- Put an end to partisan gerrymandering and create fair congressional districts.
- Ensure that the Census is not used as a tool to disenfranchise voters so that everyone is counted.
- Create a fund for voting centers to foster civic engagement and enhance access to the vote.
- Expand early voting and online voter registration, and fight against all tactics that hinder voters' right to vote, including voter photo ID laws, last-minute Election Day and voter registration process barriers.
- Lower the voting age to 16.
- Ensure that people with felony convictions can exercise their constitutional right to vote.